Facade channels for structural wood protection
The ACO socle channel is primarily used to create a barrier-free transition in accordance with DIN 68800-2 "Wood protection - Preventive structural measures in building construction".
In contrast to façade and terrace channels with open side walls, the socle channel can be used specifically for the height-reduced exit area in accordance with DIN 68800-2. This has the task of separating the (dry) base from the (moist) soil and absorbing all the rainwater running off the façade, thus also supplementing or supporting the drainage.
The channel body with its lateral drainage and ventilation openings provides the function of a gravel trap strip incl. integrated grating support for the inserted drainage or grating. The mesh grating used (MW 30/10 mm) offers the best possible splash protection for the base area.
- ACO Socle channel 250/ 300 mm
- Drainage/protection mat (lateral drainage slots only at the bottom)
- Seepable subsoil/ substructure for paving or slabs
- Sufficiently load-bearing foundation
- Variable supports, sufficiently stable wall construction